Original Art by Paul Heussenstamm, www.Mandalas.com
Tantra is unique from most spiritual practices is that it embraces sex as a path to the Divine. It sees the human body as a Temple. The body experiences birth, death, hunger, thirst, pain and pleasure. It is a laboratory for consciousness to play and explore the material world. Tantra uses the body’s sexual energy to expand awareness.
Tantric practices teach you how to move your sexual energy from the root, up to the heart center and then up to the crown, expanding conscious awareness as it moves into the upper chakras. Sexual energy is the rocket fuel that takes you beyond Earth’s gravitational field and into mystical realms. It accelerates the process of discovering that you are not our thoughts, bodies, feelings or beliefs. You are the Divine celebrating in human form, enjoying its ability to experience pleasure, bliss and Unity Consciousness.
In SkyDancing Tantra we use the 3 keys to open the “Inner Flute” and energize the Chakras. They are: breath, movement and sound. Try this:
1) Stand with your knees hip width apart and slightly bent.
2) Breathe through your mouth and into the belly, allowing it to expand.
3) Increase the energy by breathing in as if you are sipping through straw.
4) Allow your pelvis to rotate freely, keeping the knees bent. As you inhale rock the hips back, creating an arch in the back. As you exhale, tuck the tail bone under, flattening the back.
5) Add the PC pump. As you inhale squeeze the pelvic floor muscles pulling them upwards and as you exhale let them relax.
6) Put all the steps together. As you inhale imagine you are breathing the energy up from your root to your heart. Practice this until you feel the energy pulsing from your root to your heart. You can play with speeding up and slowing down your respiratory rate.
7) Once you have mastered connecting root and heart move the energy to the crown. Practice until you can feel the energy flowing from your root to your crown. See yourself as a rainbow bridge of light connecting Earth and Sky.
8) Do this practice prior to making love and incorporate it into your love making.